|Formula1 - Game|
With a new focus on multiplayer gaming, including co-op Championships and split-screen mode, F1 2011 will invite players to ‘Be The Driver, Live the Life, Go Compete’ with a range of innovations, improvements and enhancements on and off the track. Set to be the most enthralling season yet, the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP features two new circuits in India and Germany, new drivers, rules, tyres as Sebastian Vettel seeks to defend his title.
Developed using Codemasters’ EGO Game Technology Platform F1 2011 will deliver an unrivalled FORMULA ONE experience that puts players into the heart of the world’s most exciting sport, powered by cutting edge graphics, advanced physics systems and integrated network play.
• Go Compete! F1 2011 builds extensively on the multiplayer options from F1 2010. Split-screen racing is included for the first time in a high-definition FORMULA ONE title. Competitive online racing is extended with 16 players going head-to-head in GRAND PRIX™ with up to 8 AI drivers added to simulate the full grid of 24 drivers. An innovative new co-op Championship enables two players to lead their favourite FORMULA ONE team to Driver and Constructor glory across the course of a FORMULA ONE season. These enhancements are complimented by additional quick fire modes including Time Attack.
• New Circuits for 2011. Two stunning new additions to the race calendar extend the number of circuits to feature in F1 2011 to 19. Players will be able to debut ahead of the drivers on the Buddh International Circuit, the home of the first FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF INDIA and players will be able to test themselves on the iconic Nürburging circuit for the first time in High Definition, as this legendary track returns for the 2011 season.
• Be the driver, live the life. From the paddock to the track, F1 2011 takes players closer to the experience of being a FORMULA ONE driver than ever before. A new Parc Ferme area, an expanded and revamped Paddock, new Pit Lane, celebration and reaction cinematics and an enhanced media interaction system fully immerse players in the glamour, pressure and excitement of being a FORMULA ONE driver. Players progress from rookie to FIA FORMULA ONE DRIVERS’ WORLD CHAMPION in an extensive career mode where gamers fight to become priority driver and shape the development of the car by performing well in races and earning performance upgrades.
• All the cars, all the stars. Fully licensed, F1 2011 features all the drivers set to contest the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher and Jenson Button. All 2011 teams are represented including Ferrari, Red Rull Racing, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Lotus Renault GP in their iconic black and gold livery.
• KERS, DRS and more! F1 2011 includes all the new rule changes set to make this year’s season the most exciting yet. F1 2011 debuts DRS (Drag Reduction System) � the new system which enables drivers to adjust the rear wing on the car to give a boost of up to 10km. KERS also returns, giving players an extra 80BHP for up to 6.67 seconds, enabling drivers to blast past rivals. Combined, these systems encourage close wheel-to-wheel racing with new options for both defence and attack. This season’s new Pirelli tyres are faithfully simulated in the game, and if players push their car too hard they may experience a range of authentic new damage failures.
• Full Day / Night Racing. The 2011 FORMULA 1 ETHIAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX comes alive with a full day/ night transition which recreates the special atmosphere at this unique track. Every one of the existing circuits from the 2010 roster has been given a complete visual overhaul. New atmospheric effects, including dynamic clouds, compliment a weather system which features an advanced rain model that affects on-track grip. Powered by the EGO Game Technology Platforms, F1 2011 pushes forward the graphical standard of what can be achieved in a racing game.
• The world’s greatest cars, the most exciting racing. Building on the heritage of producing award-winning racing games for over a decade, Codemasters is uniquely placed to realise the spectacle and exhilaration of racing 200MPH+ FORMULA ONE cars for all fans. F1 2011 can be tuned for players from a wide range of skill levels, from the casual gamer to the hardcore simulation enthusiast and those in between, with a range of differing skill levels. A huge range of vehicle variables can be tuned to suit each player’s unique driving style, or drivers can entrust their Race Engineer to set their car up and head straight onto the track. F1 2011 will support a comprehensive range of racing wheels for the ultimate racing experience.
• Unprecedented authenticity. Codemasters has used its unprecedented access to the world of FORMULA ONE to connect the development team directly with FORMULA ONE teams and tyre manufacturers. Extensive consultancy has taken place with a range of FORMULA ONE professionals, including race engineers, mechanics and drivers. This has been combined with real world data including CAD and on-board telemetry to deliver a race experience complete with authentic handling, accurate circuits and precisely modelled racing cars.
• EGO powered FORMULA ONE. F1 2011 is being developed on the EGO Game Technology platform, evolved from the award winning EGO engine. Enabling Codemasters development talent to share tools and technology across Studios and Central Technology teams, the EGO Game Technology Platform empowers Codemasters game designers to realise their creative visions across multiple platforms featuring cutting edge graphics, powerful AI, advanced physics systems and integrated network play.
Compete on the go with F1 2011™!
F1 2011 for PlayStation® Vita and Nintendo 3DS™ features all the official teams, drivers and circuits from the thrilling 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. Tuned for portable play, get your FORMULA ONE™ fix by entering individual GRAND PRIX™ and Time Trials or compete for motorsport’s ultimate prize across a full season. Perfect for on-the-move gaming, an additional extensive challenge modes puts your skills to the test with a range of quick-fire events featuring checkpoint, gate and overtaking objectives.
F1 2011 invites you to compete on the go with four player GRAND PRIX and online Time Trials. You can tune your F1 2011 experience to your ability and driving style across solo and multiplayer modes by adjusting race distance, car set up, choosing from a range of driving aids and selecting tyre, fuel and weather options.
Whether you want to jump in and race, play against your friends or build a career from rookie to FIA FORMULA ONE DRIVERS’ WORLD CHAMPION, F1 2011 is perfect for all fans of the world’s fastest sport.
F1 2011 is out now for Nintendo 3DS.
F1 2011 will be a launch title for PlayStation® Vita (22/02/12).
• F1 2011 for PlayStation® Vita delivers high-definition FORMULA ONE in the palm of your hand
• F1 2011 for Nintendo 3DS™ immerses you in the world of FORMULA ONE in 3D for the first time
• Fully licensed to feature all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
• Compete on the go in four player GRAND PRIX and online Time Trials
• Get your FORMULA ONE fix with quick-fire Time Trials, Challenge mode and individual GRAND PRIX
• Build a career across three seasons to become FIA FORMULA ONE DRIVERS’ WORLD CHAMPION
• Use KERS and DRS to blast past your rivals and defend your position
• A wide range of driving aids and difficulty levels cater for the casual fan to experienced racing veteran and those in between.
F1 2012™ TO INTRODUCE YOUNG DRIVER TEST AND LAUNCH WORLDWIDE IN SEPTEMBER
MARCH 16TH, 2012
The official game of the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ coming to HD consoles and PC in September – see how games can help the next generation of drivers in the first F1 2012 video now playing at www.youtube.com/codemastersgames
Ahead of the first race of the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in Melbourne this weekend, Codemasters today announced that F1 2012 will launch worldwide in September for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. F1 2012 is the next game in the award-winning, multi-million selling series from Codemasters as part of an exclusive multi-year deal with Formula One World Championship Limited.
To mark the announcement and introduce one of F1 2012’s new headline features, Codemasters has released a video following F1 2012 Creative Director, Stephen Hood, as he meets the next generation of drivers at the Young Driver Test. Filmed at the Yas Marina Circuit, home of the FORMULA 1 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX, Stephen asks if their experience with Codemasters’ FORMULA ONE™ games has been of benefit as they prepare for a career in the world’s most exciting motorsport in real life. The video is now playing at www.youtube.com/codemastersgames.
F1 2012 will introduce a new Young Driver Test mode as one of the headline additions to the series that will take players even closer to the experience of becoming a FORMULA ONE driver. Players will be introduced to the world of FORMULA ONE through a range of tutorials explaining how to handle racing’s most exciting and responsive cars, and challenged to earn a drive from a team for the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
In the video, rising star Sam Bird, testing for Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team, says, “I think Codemasters have done a super job of giving regular people a proper insight into what a FORMULA ONE car is like.”
Stefano Coletti, representing Scuderia Toro Rosso added, “When I came to Abu Dhabi I couldn’t go to the simulator so I switched on the videogame and started to play. It actually worked because when I got here I felt like I’d already driven [the circuit]. It was my first race in GP2, first ever time in GP2, and I won in my first race so it actually helped.”
In F1 2012 players will feel the unparalleled thrill of becoming a FORMULA ONE driver with a host of new features, wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements and extensive competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. F1 2012 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the debut of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX at Austin, Texas and the return of Germany’s famous Hockenheim circuit to the calendar.
F1 2012 is set to deliver the most accessible and immersive FORMULA ONE game for fans of all abilities.
F1 2012 is in development at Codemasters Birmingham for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC and is available for pre-order ahead of its September worldwide release. To get all the news straight from the studio, race over to www.facebook.com/formula1game or follow the team on twitter at www.twitter.com/formula1game.