Searching...
Monday, September 3, 2012

JENSON WINS HIS 50TH GP WITH McLAREN

JENSON BUTTON WINS HIS 50TH GP WITH McLAREN
Spa-Francorchamps, Sunday September 2
JENSON WINS HIS 50TH GP WITH McLAREN

"Jenson was masterful today”
179th victory for McLaren 

75th victory for McLaren, Mobil 1, Mercedes-Benz and Enkei

50th race for Jenson with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

31st victory for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

14th victory for Jenson

4th victory of the season for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

2nd successive victory for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

JENSON BUTTON

MP4-27A-02

JENSON WINS HIS 50TH GP WITH McLAREN at Belgian GP

Started 1st
Finished 1st
Fastest lap 1m54.293s (+1.471s, 10th)
Pitstops One: lap 20 (2.49s) [Opt-Pri]
Points 101 (6th)

"I’m sorry to all the fans if it wasn’t very exciting at the front!

"However, winning a grand prix is never easy: you’ve always got to look after the tyres and keep an eye on the gap behind. Today’s race was particularly tricky to read, in fact, because lots of cars were on different strategies so you never knew exactly where you stood.

"Turn One looked pretty crazy – in my mirrors, I could see cars all over the place. For me, it was all pretty straightforward though. Having said that, without having been able to gather long-run testing data from Friday, it initially looked like it was going to be a hard race to call. In fact, as things panned out, it was the opposite.

"It was unusual to be able to run a one-stop strategy. We got to lap 12 and the team asked me how the car was feeling; I told them that the balance was getting better and better, so we were able to get to lap 20 before pitting.

"We need to score big points in both world championships – and today was exactly what we required. I’m a massive team-player, and I fight for the team; I want us to win both world championships and, until I can’t mathematically fight for the drivers’ world championship, I won’t give up on it. I think I showed that today.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts